National Custom Hollow Metal developed Sound Safe to meet the need for a faster production cycle option than
was available in the marketplace. NCHM offers Sound Safe in Quick Ship and Hot Rush timetables of 5-10 days
for limited quantity orders. Standard Galvanneal lead times are 3 weeks. Think of NCHM when you need a few
sound rated openings fast.
NCHM’s Sound Safe Assemblies come in both single and pair opening sizes. We offer single sizes at a rating of
STC 51 and STC 37. Our pair options include STC 48 and STC 37 ratings.
Included in our Assembly Package
All units come as an assembly package including door, frame, hinges, gasketing seals, flat thresholds, and door
bottoms of either a brush sweep type or retractable auto door bottom.
- Lab Tested ASTM E90 Sound Transmission Loss Test
- STC Levels Achieved STC 51 Single, STC 48 Pair, STC 37 Single, and STC 37 Pair Galvanneal
- Fire Rating STC 37 Single 1 1/2 hr. Metal Door and Frame
- No Fire Rating STC 48 Pair, STC 37 Pair, and STC 51 Single Galvanneal
- Frame and Door Steel 16 ga Minimum Tested – additionally offered Stainless steel 304, and 316
- Astragal is not required in pairs for rating
- Seal Sets used for different STC ratings are rating specific
- STC Definition – Sound Transmission Class
Commonly Found In:
- Education Facilities
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Pharmaceutical Facilities
- Research Facilities
- Government Centers
- Conference Rooms